About Mellman Medical
Dr. Michael Mellman, M.D.
Place of Birth – Los Angeles, California
- 1973-Bachelor of Arts, Zoology; University of California at Los Angeles
- 1977-Doctor of Medicine; Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- 1980-1981 Chief Resident, Internal Medicine; Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- 1978-1980 Resident, Internal Medicine; Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- 1977-1978 Intern, Internal Medicine; Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- 2018 GE Star Award-MedVu and CCM
- 1980-Leo G. Rigler Award for Academic Achievement, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- 1977-Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- 1973-Graduated Magna Cum Laude, University of California at Los Angeles
- 1973-Phi Beta Kappa, University of California at Los Angeles
- 1986-2006 Major League Baseball Team Physician’s Organization President 2000-2001
- 1984-1995-National Basketball Association Team Physician’s Organization
- 1984-Present National Hockey League Team Physician’s Association
- 1981-Present American College of Physicians
- 1980-Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2016-2020 Medical Director, El Camino Community College Respiratory Therapy
- 2013-2014 Medical Director, El Camino Community College Student Health Center
- 2004-2006 Medical Director, Los Angeles Dodgers
- 2004-2006 Director, Ancillary Services, Los Angeles Spine Surgery Institute
- 2003-2006 Medical Advisory Committee, Major League Baseball
- 2002-Present Advisor, Wright Balance Golf Academy
- 1995-Present Consultant, Los Angeles Lakers
- 1995-2005 Co-Founder, Chairman, Performance Health Technologies, Inc.
- 1993-2006 Director, Employees’ Assistance Program, Los Angeles Dodgers
- 1986-2006 Team Physician, Los Angeles Dodgers
- 1983-1985 Team Physician, Los Angeles Express
- 1982-1984 Physician, Loyola Marymount University Student Health Department
- 1981-1984 Consultant, Los Angeles Rams
- 1981-Present Team Physician, Los Angeles Kings
- 1981-1995 Team Physician, Los Angeles Lakers
- Dorr, L.D., Merkel, C., Mellman, M.F., and Klein, I.: Fat Emboli in Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty; Predictive factors for neurological manifestations. Clin. Orthop. 248:112, 1989.
- Mellman, M.F.: Immunization strategies for active adults. Physician Sportsmed. 22:1, 1994.
- Mellman, M.F., McPherson, E., Dorr, L.D., and Kwong, P.: Differential Diagnosis of Back and Lower Extremity Problems, Watkins, R.G., The Spine In Sports, St. Louis, Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1996, 107-125.
- Laby, D., Rosenbaum, A., Kirschen, D., Davidson, J., Rosenbaum, L., Strasser, C., Mellman, M.F.: The visual function of professional baseball players. Am J Ophthamol, 1996; 122(10):476-485.
- Mellman, M.F. and Podesta, L.: Common Medical Problems In Sports, Clinics In Sports Medicine, 164(4), October 1997, 4-1 to 4-28.
- Laby, D., Kirschen, D., Rosenbaum, A., Mellman, M.F.: The Effect of Ocular Dominance on the Performance of Professional Baseball Players, Ophthamology, 1998, 105(5): 864-866. Wright, David F., Mellman, M.F. and Watkins, R.G.: Temporary Correction of
- Transverse Plane Rotation Via a Three Minute Exercise Program, Annual Review of Golf Coaching 2008.
Contact Mellman Medical
|390 N Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245